Monday, August 21, 2006

Stop try to be too clever!!!!

Played some MTTs/STTs on Sunday and cashed in precisely none of them.

Most annoying of the lot was the 50 Euro added game at 9 in the morning. Patient for the 1st 40 minutes, hit a few sets, got paid off and I'm on the final table with 8,000 chips and 9 people left.

I then get to clever for my own good and represent the Ace on a flop of A77. Weak bet on the flop and check on the turn told me my opponent didn't have it so I set him all-in on the river and he calls with QQ. I congratulated him on the call but didn't mean it. Poor call in my opinion but most people at this level cannot lay down QQ whatever the flop looks like.

Out in the next 2 hands when my two pair loses to a set (Not unlucky, played it terribly) and then chuck my last 1000 chips in the middle with A9 and get called by AT.

Played Flashmob in the evening and got dealt nothing but I was trying to do work at same time so played it as tight as possible and folded. Knew it wasn't going to be my night when my JJ in BB was folded around to me by 8 people. Got a double up with QQ, raised (for the 1st time in ages) to milton who set me all-in. I always pick the right times to bluff!

Went out when AJ32 minimum raised for the 58th time so I reckoned my A5 suited was ahead and went all-in. It was ahead but J9 suited took me out and that was that.

Cash games on Sun are the way ahead but it appears it takes Neteller 50 days to fund my account the thieving bastards.

4 Comments:

Blogger Posh said...

watcha doob - I know just how you feel!

as for sun, you can deposit with a credit card but think it's a bit of a faff since you have to send them your credit card bill so neteller is defo the way forward. Or, of course, transfer it on the tables... if you can avoid the money laundering detection s/w...

5:46 pm  
Blogger Smart Money said...

Hi Doob.

If it's any consolation (it won't be! LOL) your (and Dests') comments on the MTT thread about AJ32's minimum raises meaning nothing, allowed me to bluff a big pot off of him on the river at a crucial time in the Flashmob game!

4:10 am  
Blogger seanb said...

Should I feel guilty about catching you bluffing twice now? Never mind, I ran my stack into emzos nut flush doing the same. At least you were trying a play, I just had a brain fart

10:23 pm  
Blogger Highstack said...

50 Days!!! That's sick mate - ask for some compo!

10:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home