Monday, April 16, 2007

Well I didn't Up The Stakes!

In fact in the end I hardly played any poker as I wasn't around Sunday/Monday and haven't played much poker at all these past 10 days. Pissed around again on Sunday with a few $5 STTs on Betfair winning 2 and coming nowhere in 2.

I'd love to play the MTTs but was astonished by aj winning one last night (Sunday). No I was not amazed that this excellent player won a MTT (Well played sir). What amazed and scared me was that he started at 9.05pm and finally won it 4 and a half hours later at 1.35am. There were 20 left at 10.50 for fucks sake! This isn't entertainment, that's a punishment. So I'll have to play them on DTD. If you win a $5 STT (Non Turbo) that normally takes over an hour.

I used to love the STTs on Blue Square. Timed 8 minute blinds starting with 2,000 chips. There was far more play possible than Crypto but quicker and better than Betfair. Betfair's extra levels at 75/150 and these antes at 100/200 make the final stages hard work when truth be told once I'm in the money I'm all-in!

Currently I'd rather watch Scrubs than play poker, I don't dislike poker I just don't want to play it for 4 and a half hours :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Andy Cairns said...

cheers for the kind words doob,

as for the length of the mtt the other night, it was slightly freakish is so far as when there was 12 left the top 6 chip counts were on one table and the bottom 6 (all very even) were on the other. With the slow blond structure, none of them were gambling and hence it took about an hour to lose one of them. Thing is the auto table balance took the lowest chip stack off our table so we were back to square one.

tbh, the structure on betfair does suit my game (lost headsup again last night - see my blog for details sick exit), but 4.5 hours for less than 100 runners IS taking the piss!

10:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home