Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Boring yet profitable cash tables

Been playing cash on Sun almost exclusively for the past week and have doubled my initial investment of $150. Mainly through playing both forms of Omaha, some really bad players here although I do realise that my hands are in the main holding up to the lunatic flush/full house chasers!

But it lacks the excitement of tournament play, the nervous tension of the bubble, the relief and joy of winning (although I hardly remember what that was like). I still find double ups more exciting in a £1 STT than I do on a 15p/25p table when I double up to around £50.

It's just money, the game isn't about money to me, it's about winning and there's no glory in cash so it looks like I'll be playing some MTTs soon.

Got a 3rd in the Flashmob on Sunday, my 60/40's all held up really and then lost a virtual race against Shalimah to cripple me (my A4 against his KQ) and went out next hand in 3rd. Enjoyed it though and even if I had finished my usual 20th it would have still been more enjoyable (and frustrating) than cash.

New job and they appear to have got Betfair blocked!
However working in IT has it's benefits, have already identified the proxy server, now just need to work out how to log in and change the settings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home