Monday, July 16, 2007

Struggling For Inspiration!

I want to play these MTTs like all those great little £2 Thread merchants but really struggling to find the time. Meant to play the Sky Poker stuff last week but just don't either have the time or the enthusiasm for it. STTs now bore me and until I learn to stop playing cash games like a freezeout we shall steer clear of them.

Played a few MTTs recently, made it to the penultimate table in a headhunter but that has been my only cash out of the 5 I've played (2 on Sky, 2 on Blue Square and the Crypto Headhunter).

Basically they go like this, tight early on, start attempting to steal at 50/100 and stop limping (raise/fold only). If you do raise, then only raise with position unless you have a top 6 hand. Eventually though you reach the key hand where you are all-in with pair/overcards ... AND I DON'T SEEM CAPABLE OF WINNING THIS HAND!!!!

And that frustrates me, play good poker for 2 hours and win nothing. Multi-tabling may help but I just don't have the time. I shall maybe watch one of the experienced MTT people play from the £2 thread (Not saying who) and see what they do, how they approach MTTs. I will also try and play the free WSOPE Betfair things this week and take them seriously (Raising out of postition 2nd hand with 87 high and going all-in on a A44 flop is NOT taking it serious).

I think I've got the game/knowledge. But at the moment I don't have the right mindset/patience and I need to take my successful STT strategy and enlarge it into what will hopefully become a successful MTT strategy.

Good Luck All (But especially me)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home