Saturday, September 15, 2007

BFWCOP III

I just wasn't up for this weekend, no idea why. Maybe I'm not well, maybe live poker does not do it for me anymore.
I remember 2005 when I sat down in the sauna in the Gutshot and was absolutely bricking myself, I loved it! Fast forward to 2007 and there were no butterflies, no tension, nothing!

Team Game, don't remember a great deal about it, didn't win a single hand of any note and just survived until going out in 6th. Finished the evening playing a bit of cash Omaha (that was great, loads of swings and all-ins and turned my £50 into £48 after an hour before everyone else was busto or bored) and then cash Holdem where I didn't get any hands and lost £20. Annoyed replaced me in my seat and told me the next morning he had made £600. Well played sir!

Main Game, I felt when I sat down I was going to grind this one out. At Duffs I couldn't wait to leave I was so bored but for this event I decided I was going hang around, hopelfully move tables alot and see a lot of poker. Only 7 people on table, of which Systems and Divaflava looked like death warmed up and the other players were still in bed. Sunday8pm was on the button to Dibbles big blind so after the shenanigans of the team game (Ben busted Dibble, dibble not happy) thought we could have some fireworks but Ben was first out after 5 hands. I flopped some nice hands and when the table broke up had almost double my starting stack.

2nd table looked good, Strak, KP, Doobs, Deejay amongst them. I had AA in Big Blind, KP raises it up and I double up. Zelda appeared for one hand before going busto, forget how and I was off to a new table. And it was on this table I was to endure/enjoy the general musings of BFWCOP Champion Snap for the next 4 hours (felt like days). He is a good bloke and a great character but there were times you were thinking to yourself ... JUST DO SOMETHING! That sounds harsh, not meant to be it was a very enjoyable table, Deejays brother Rich to my left was a sound bloke, as was RadixUK, Miltons mate Kenny, Wahey, Danse, PrettyAce and all.

So there are 19 left, it pays 18 and I am rather short on chips, Snap is starting to attack my blinds and bully which was great play and for the first time in the game I was a little nervous. Had A9 in Small Blind, folded around to me and I pushed, Rich (Fish1047) showed 86 suited and correctly called. I survived and minutes later the bubble burst and I was moved to my 4th and last table where I lasted 2 hands. Shrub pushed under the gun, I called with 77, he had AQ and I lost.

It was only then that I realised how drunk I was but I hung around till the end to see Snap's victory. We really need to speed up this tournament, it's a shame there were only 10 people to see the win but it was gone 4am so can't blame them. Maybe a double chance next time and faster blinds. And maybe start with the main event so that all the tables do not resemble The Night of The Living Dead after people have had a very hard couple of nights.

So congratulations to Snap and well done to Betfair and Mandylou for organising it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kirby the German Roofer said...

Roofer is BACK BABY!

Check the blog Bitch.

5:55 pm  
Blogger Kirby the German Roofer said...

Roofer here (BurnleyMicks Brother) Just wondering if you could pop by my blog have a read and maybe link me up if you like what you see. Cheers

http://germanroofer.blogspot.com/

4:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home