Monday, October 02, 2006

Playing Less and Less Recently

So stuff my boring poker life, very well done to Dibble for winning 5 STTs in a row and going to Singapore. For fucks sake if the challenge was win 5 in a month I would fail, fantastic achievement.

Played Flashmob and quite enjoyed the game, so much so that I got up to 6,000 chips and then started to donk them off with silly calls rather than rock up and ante away into 3rd. Finished 9th but should have been higher but when you call an extra 700 chips with K4 when small blind snap has gone all-in you deserve nothing more.

My main aim for October is to start winning STTs again. I have a theory that since my game has improved I am bluffing to much on the lower levels (pushing/raising with position) and this is not a good idea.

3 Comments:

Blogger Posh said...

thanks for the kind words mate. did you read that link I posted as a comment on your last entry?

anyway, ref STTs - my view is that the key is not to bluff lots (unless on v scary boards against a tight player) but get more from your good hands and lose less from your bad ones...

sounds simple but I think if you limp with AK, AQ from early in early on in games and raise with suited connectors/small pairs in multiway pots you end up with a big pot if you hit and can get away pretty cheaply if you miss.

That's one of my approaches anyway, obviously get your AA/KK heads up pre but maximise winning hands.

that's all granny and egg sucking I'm sure but hey. good luck.
dibs

8:10 pm  
Blogger Small Stakes Poker said...

PMA
;)

12:05 am  
Blogger Small Stakes Poker said...

But seriously
5th place in MTT shows nothing too much wrong. Bit of fortune at the right time and you will be ok

12:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home