Monday, October 30, 2006

The Bad Run Has Arrived!!!!

Knew it was coming which is why perversely I haven't been playing much poker lately but you can't avoid it, you just have to get on with it. No need to bore myself by listing every bad beat but I think I was massively ahead in 4 of the showdowns and lost them all and I lost a race in the other STT.

Also took a complete spanking in Omaha numerous times, remember 1 hand where I pummelled all my money into the pot with the nut low and the 2nd nut flush (unpaired board) and promptly quartered the pot to my opponents nut low and nut flush! That just about summed it up.

Decided not to tilt, took a break for a few hours and played the Flashmob game. Was an enjoyable game, played it tighter than I've ever played a game of poker before, got myself up to approx 4000 at one stage but with 12 players left took a chance with KT suited when Dests raised 3*BB.

Prepared to look at the flop and keep hold of my last 2000 chips if the flop was nasty. Flop was very juicy 9TQ with 2 of my suit (So I had a pair, gutshot straight and flush draw) smashed all my chips into the pot and was called instantly by Dests AQ. I was about 60% favourite I guess but I don't think I've ever won a big pot in the Flashmob and no change here. Dissapointing because not only did I miss my 17 draws but Dests also had a hand to call me with but calling raises with KT suited is a bit fishy so no complaints.

neilg, aj, sillyfish and Dests all once again doing very well in this tournament. All obviously excellent poker players but I saw 3 of them get exceptionally lucky at times and I just wish I could get a little bit of that luck myself in the flashmob now and again.

Had a quick 10 minute look at the new Betfair software this morning, it really did look appalling. Hopefully it will improve but the freerolls and added bonus tournaments should mean that it remains popular in the short term.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"neilg, aj, sillyfish and Dests all once again doing very well in this tournament. All obviously excellent poker players but I saw 3 of them get exceptionally lucky at times"

I know doob, they were fooking lucky !

1:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home