Monday, October 23, 2006

Even More Flashmob Woe

You see I'm going to be struggling for titles soon for the Flashmob because it is always crap. Going to record the hands and try and work out what I am doing wrong.

1. Raise with AJ on the button, called by big blind who fires a half pot bet out on a board of KJ9. Easy call and lets see whether he will try again, turn is nothing much and he fires out a pot bet. No point getting involved this early so I let it go.

2. Call on the Small blind with 63 suited, flop gives me a flush draw so I call a smallish bet and the turn now gives me an outside straight draw as well. Bet out 200 into a pot of 300 and get called. River is utter garbage so I have 6 high. Dither about having another go but bottle it, Sillyfish bets 300 and again I let it go.

3. KQ Hearts in middle position, I call, callataxi raises to 90 in the small blind and I'll have a look at the flop. Flop J54 (2 Hearts), taxi checks and short stacked McGahern moves all-in, hoping I have 15 outs I call and am disappointed to see he has AT Hearts. I hit a Queen on the turn and get lucky.

4. Injured my right hand playing squash (yes playing squash, honest) and was therefore using a key logger to play poker so that I didn't have to use the mouse. Got dealt JJ UTG and meant to flat call, looking for a raise, pressed wrong button and folded them.

5. Couple of hands where I called raises with 77 and 99. At the early levels I like to play these and look for a nice flop. Both times 2 overcards flopped and I had to let them go out of position.

6. Final hand, KQ in the small blind. Called for 50 and flop KT8 (2 Spades). I check looking for a bet that I can re-raise all-in. Everybody checks :-(. Turn is a Q (not a spade) and I decide I'm committed here with 800 chips so bet 300. I get a caller and a spade comes down on the river. I'm beaten, I'm certain but I'm so fed up I chuck my last 500 down and lose to a made straight on the turn.

And that was it, if anyone wants to rip my play to pieces please do. I'm desperate to learn what more I can do in the Flashmob. Can't keep moaning about bad luck, I must be doing something wrong to continuously lose in an MTT containing the best players.

I don't know, maybe I need to be more aggressive early on but it's never been my strategy. It's worked very well over the past 2 years in STTs/MTTs but in the Flashmob everyone is tight so if I don't get any premiums or shit the flop then I get myself into trouble by getting bored and tilting my chips away.

Oh well always next week.

4 Comments:

Blogger Posh said...

hello doob.

hand 1 - fold or raise the flop bet. Hate the call with second pair. Looks to me like you're against top pair min and he's got you on rag ace or some such.

hand 2 - fold pre. 63s - no need to get involved.

KQs hand - bet the flop (flashmob's pretty tight game early on)

final hand - don't go bust knowing you're beat. Don't give up.

that's what I reckon anyways - good luck.
dibs

ps I went out with AJ firing all my chips in on a 9 high flop with Gats check-calling with TT. So what do I know? LOL

12:58 pm  
Blogger sorcha said...

1/ you have to define your hand here!! im not folding a/j on that turn card ever, its a raise for me and take it from there, looks like a standard stop and go with the turn bet represnting some sort of hand , not necessarily the king, if u re-raise the flop you will at least get information and if you like you can probably check to the river.

2. id call with 6/3s here, however on the flop id play it differently.id call pre flop to get a draw and play it strong on the flop.id either lead out and hope to either pick up the pot or get someone raising to define their hand to re raise them. again calling the bet is crap, although its fine to do if the board isnt obvious looking, id say of you do fill the flush here you wont get any action because youve played it like a fish and the draw looks likely

3. again position is key here.if you want to play it again i find a raise is best, just cos someone raises an unopened pot doesnt mean they have a hand.added to the fact ur out of position, it gives ur raise a good chance of winning it pre flop, i have no problem throwing this hand away pre flop.a tr0uble hand out of position.



4. thats sounds typical when ur runing bad:(

5. nothing wrong with that.

6. k/q out of position is good enough for me with a load of limpers ...fire them inand pray u dont get called


just my thoughts and in no way what you should do in any situation , everyone will play the hands differently, i feel you are calling to much and thats due to lack of confidence in the flashmob game, loosen up a bit and enjoy it.your ability speaks for itself on sharkscope and u should be able to shake the flashmob up.
gl steviep

9:32 pm  
Blogger Doob said...

Thanks for your ideas on how to play these hands. I think it basically for me comes down to.

1. Do I want to get involved this early.
2. I've still got a playable stack if I fold.
3. If I call and miss I still have at least 10 BBs if I fold.

You can always win small pots off of me. Unless I have a hand :-)

3:43 pm  
Blogger Small Stakes Poker said...

Hand 1 - Instant fold. No need to get involved. Comment about solid image and plenty of time

hand 2 - What Dibble said. you wouldnt play 63o utg so why in the SB

After that go for it, Power in and put pressure on them. No one likes to go out early and its harder to call than it is to push. Majority of the time you get called will prob be off A7 or A3 anyways so may as well take a chance.

Tis a totally different ball game if you can get a double up before 9pm.

Good luck
Paul

12:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home