Monday, February 27, 2006

Flashmobbed Again!!!!!!

Thought it was time for an update. If I wait until I actually win something this blog would remain empty until 2008 so whilst I'm bored at work I shall do it now.

Being doing good, joined Sporting Odds having read Stevie's blog and they do a great deal with $10 free for every 50 raked hands (up to $100). So deposited £10 and been playing nano-limit cash games (5c/10c) and now have over £50 with $60 bonus still to come. May even have a crack at their Champions League game in March. Good profits in the STTs on Blue Square as well and these winnings are paying for my Horse Racing betting which is just atrocious.

But what about Betfair? I hate Betfair, I'm jinxed on this site and last night withdrew all my money apart from £5. The Flashmob game last night really summed up Betfair Poker for me.

To begin with I got lucky, Stevie had shown a bluff or 2 so when he raised again from the SB I rashly decided my AT was good and moved all-in. Now Stevie is to good a player to be raising with junk out of position and quickly called with QQ and I fluked an Ace. Wish I hadn't though :)

10 minutes later I have over 3000 chips and am dealt A9 spades in the SB. It is folded around to me and I raise 3*BB and Phil calls. Flop is JT7 (2 spades) which is a great flop for me so I just bet out 400 and Phil immediately moves all-in. Now I don't usually take much time to think but used up most of my time before calling as I reckoned I had at least 13 outs with flush draw and gutshot straight.

Phil shows 23 suited (what the fuck!!!!) and I was astonshed he felt the need to make this move. Needless to say he hit a 2 on the river and I was gone. Ultimately I called an all-in with Ace High but was still amazed at what had gone on.

But that sums up the Flashmob game for me. Never seem to get a break when I need it. AJ seems to enjoy it though and very well done to him for winning.

I set myself no goals this year as regards poker except to enjoy it. Well I have a new goal now, I will place in the money in the Flashmob game this year, that is it, that is my only goal. However Betfair Poker does my head in and although my records show a profit this year (a massive £22) I have lost confidence with it and will only play the Flashmob game on there.

EDIT: Just read AJ's blog and apparently Stevie is going great guns in this months Sporting Oddds Champions League thingy. Best of luck mate and hopefully there won't be any fish calling your SB raises with Ace Ten and getting lucky. :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger sorcha said...

cheers m8:),
i would consider entering this on sp odds for march.
it is around $90 to play all 12 games which represents massive value.best i have ever seen tbh for us lower stake players.
even to play the 1st 4 games will only set u back $10 and if u are nowhere in the game then u can leave it to next week.gl with it.
in the flashmob ...that was painful to watch when that 2 came:(
nice hand with the a/10 though:)

10:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home