Saturday, March 25, 2006

Black Thursday to Fantastic Friday.

Played the $30 Champions League game on Sporting Odds on Thursday, did well, a couple of nice bluffs got me nicely into the last 4 but then it went terribly wrong, didn't see a hand, lost patience and ran into monsters when I tried to make a move. Finished 4th for $0, 3rd was $108.

So I was fuming and pissed off and I was still bothered about it when I went into work today. I work at the University and was configuring some PCs whilst some disabled students were around and I looked at them and thought to myself "What the fucking hell is your problem". Here are people getting dealt 27os every day but are happy and smiling and polite. Really put my so called problems into perspective. It's just a game, it doesn't matter!

So I remembered tonight was the City AM freeroll that I finished 7th in last week. Entered it again tonight with a positive frame of mind and finished 3rd out of 155 (22 points and £60). 4th won nothing but I didn't bubble. Get in.

Needed a J on the river otherwise I was out in 30th, then got dealt QQ and had 2 all-ins before me (1 was short stack). Incredibly they both had AK and my hand stood up. Then doubled up to 40,000 when I re-raised with AA and got a very dubious call with AJos. A pleasing night.

But just being able to walk and being in good health makes me a very lucky guy. So what if sometimes the cards hate me, so what if my AA was beaten earlier in a STT with K3os, it's utterly meaningless when I think how fortunate my life has been!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home