Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Mixed Fortunes

Flashmob went it's usual self tonight. Actually I played it like a knob but shall explain why. On the very first hand songar was all-in to pick up a 140 pot when the flop was showing 3 clubs (It did not surprise me to find out later that songar has a fish symbol next to him on Sharkscope). Although if Sharkscope only had Flashmob results in it's database so would I :)

So I was dealt KK, blinds 10/20, first to act! Did not want to pick up a measley 30 chips with this beauty so limped. 2 other limpers and the blinds completed and the flop comes Q52 rainbow. Blinds check and I bet 80, songar calls everyone else folds. Turn J, I bet 100, songar calls. River T (Looking dangerous now), I bet 100, songar goes all-in. Now to be fair my call was horrible and songar has totally outplayed me here. But if I hadn't seen his all-in on the first hand I fold. But I called, he had a set of Queens and had played the hand very well.

Last place, my quest to get in the money looking a hopeless cause!

Meanwhile I was playing in the Champions League game on Sporting Odds and lasting a little bit longer. Have a good record in these games which are similar to Flashmob games for tightness. Finished 2nd but didn't play that great really, just got some nice hands at the right times. Also played 33 appallingly when I raised on the button, had a caller and flop comes AT6, I check, Turn 2, I check (wtf), River K, I check (boo rubbish). He shows KQ and I should immediately have switched the PC off and retired from poker. But I plugged on and finished 2nd which puts me 11th in the table although unlikely to play tonight so unlikely to finish any higher.

Sharkscope stats were very interesting but somewhat flawed as they only take into account STTs. I would probably be a losing player at Cash/MTTs but my win ratio was good and shows there is merit in playing to cash rather than playing to win!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home